Longer days, no school, cool treats, and water fights. What's not to love?
Our kids love all the goods when summer comes around. We like to keep it simple and assemble some faves that will last a few weeks (hopefully). We listed our fave easy summer treats below with the links to the recipe! Leave a comment and let us know what some of yours are.
- Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches: These could not be easier. The kids can pretty much make these all by themselves (well the older two at least). Just a few ingredients, and you can adjust to your tasting. We've used chocolate graham crackers, chocolate pudding, and our new favorite is mixing Peanut butter and peanut butter chips in with the vanilla variety. Geez, they are good.
- Strawberry Shortcake Lasagna- Warning: If you bring this to a party, everyone will talk about it, everyone will want seconds, and then they will all ask for the recipe. I made the top look like an American Flag and brought to a 4th of July party, and it was a hit.
- Peach Dumplings: We live right outside of a small town in Colorado, that has INCREDIBLE peaches, so naturally, we buy an insane amount of them, and mix up all kids of delicious treats. Also, anything with easy, buttery, short cut croissant rolls is a win in my book.
- Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon chips: Sounds fancy, right? It's so easy! I'm sure you've made fruit salad, and have some flour tortillas in your bread drawer, and some cinnamon sugar, and butter, and you're pretty much ready to mix this up. Check it out.
- Milkshakes: Do you know know a kid (or adult) that doesn't love a good milkshake? You can change these up based on your tastes so easily. Cookies and cream? Throw in Oreos, lactose intolerant. . . use almond milk, want something more refreshing, add your favorite fruit, the options, endless, people, endless. Don't underestimate the power of an awesome milkshake.
The Funily Team