It feels like summer comes and goes so quickly. There are nights that we are BBQ'ing with friends and family, going to festivals or fairs, or just relaxing. Sometimes, those relaxing summer nights are the best memories of the summer. Planning ahead is key. Here are some of our favorite tips that have worked on creating that perfect relaxing summer environment.
- Set the scene- We added shade sails, outdoor string lighting, and a few chairs and benches to our patio. It makes ALL the difference. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money. Do it one step at a time. But, creating an environment specifically for relaxing and enjoying truly helps you feel more at ease. Think about what that looks like for you and your family. Lots of flowers around? A patio conversation set? Lounge chairs? Start small and start building your little oasis.
- Drinks- Cold Lemonade, Ice tea- Maybe some old fashioned root beer. A little goes a long way. Sometimes just grabbing your favorite soda or fruit juice that you rarely have anymore, helps make that night feel more special. Look up some fun cold mixed drinks (alcohol or non) We love mixing sprite with cranberry juice and pineapple juice, so yummy. Throw in some vanilla ice cream to make it a little creamy. Mmmhmm!!
- Music- We are big music fans. We have specific playlists for different types of situations. Head over to Spotify, Pandora, or whatever you use and create a playlist that your whole family will enjoy. Music truly helps to uplift people's mood and attitude. If you have outdoor speakers- great! If not, grab a wireless speaker and hook it up to bluetooth to play. You'll be surprised how much it changes your night.
- Let go- Let go of work, of expectations of everyone behaving perfectly, of the mess. Just let go. This takes practice, but . . . it can be done! It is essential to creating the perfect summer night. Keep in mind, perfect can include a little chaos, and a little silliness, everyone has a different perfect. Embrace your family dynamic, be present.
- Snacks- I would be remiss if I didn't mention snacks. We love trying new ones- sometimes I make some easy snacks at home, other days I grab some throw together stuff from the grocery store. It doesn't matter. Everyone loves snacks. We enjoy fresh fruits and veggies, crackers, cheese, & jam, chips & dip, shrimp cocktail, and anything with puff pastry. All of these are simple and bring your summer night to the next level.
Let us know if you anything to add to our list!! We'd love to hear how you create your Perfect Summer Night!